Friday, December 22, 2023

Bangladesh at the Oval.


On December 20th I went to see the first international cricket match in Nelson since November 2019.  Cricket has been affected by covid which is why Nelson hasn't hosted international Cricket at Saxton Oval since then. This game was between the Black Caps and Bangladesh. I went out to the Nelson airport on Monday and met the Bangladesh cricket team. I had a good chat with their assistant coach Nic Pothas who is a South African and who played a couple of one day internationals for South Africa in 2000. I also met Black Caps captain Tom Latham in the CBD. I have met Tom a couple of times when he has been to Nelson with Canterbury and the Black Caps. The last time I met Tom was in October 2022. Also there were international umpires Alex Wharf from England and Rod Tucker from Australia. Alex Wharf gave me a high five after the Bangladesh innings. Bangladesh were all out for 291 and New Zealand won by seven wickets. The crowd was 4500. The next game I will be going to see is when the England women play in March against the New Zealand women in two twenty-twenty games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camilla Belich.

On May 4th I met another Labour MP for the first time, Camilla Belich. She is a List MP from Auckland and ran in the electorate of Epsom in ...