Friday, December 22, 2023

Meeting the Umpires.


I really enjoyed meeting the international umpires when the Black Caps played Bangladesh at Saxton Oval. I was lucky enough to meet Alex Wharf from England who came to New Zealand in March 2022  to umpire the 50-over women's World Cup games and who also umpired the Black Caps v Pakistan in Karachi in January 2023. He really liked Nelson and it was his first time here. I also met Australian umpire Rod Tucker who came to Nelson in March 2015 for the World Cup clash between Scotland and Bangladesh. This was the first time I had met Rod Tucker. He liked my general knowledge on cricket and the fact that I knew so much about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camilla Belich.

On May 4th I met another Labour MP for the first time, Camilla Belich. She is a List MP from Auckland and ran in the electorate of Epsom in ...