Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Christchurch Earthquake

On February 21st, I thought to myself that there was going to be another big earthquake in Christchurch. But I didn't think it would be as big or as damaging as the September 2010 quake. On the 22nd of February the weather in Nelson was overcast but warm with a few drops of rain. I remember walking past the Trailways Hotel and seeing the time. It was 10:53. In the afternoon, I was doing some study on the computer. I went to the Stuff website and saw in breaking news that Christchurch had been hit by a massive quake with 500 people possibly dead. I thought "Oh my god!" I went out to the lounge to watch t.v. and saw the damage. All the New Zealand news channels had full coverage. It is something I will never ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...