Monday, October 10, 2022

Chennai Super Kings.


On October 11th, I got a surprise parcel by courier post. It from the Chennai Super Kings IPL team. I wrote to them way back in February and they sent me a letter dated  September 8th. In the parcel was a shirt signed by the whole 2022 team and in the letter I was called the 'Super Fan'. The shirt was originally from India cricket legend M.S. Dhoni who was a good India cricket captain and wicketkeeper. I didn't expect it and had forgotten about it. Mum was very proud of me and liked the letter. Chennai is coached by New Zealander Stephen Fleming and has Black Caps Adam Milne, Devon Conway and Mitchell Santner as players. It also has Eric Simons who famously gave me the pants way back in 1995 when South Africa visited Ñelson. I was over the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...