Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Election.

 On October 17th, we had an election in New Zealand with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern winning a second term with a majority and without having to have the Greens on board. Labour won 49%  of the vote and is the first majority MMP government since it came in 1996. I think this Government has some excellent MP’s and I was lucky enough to see our health minister at Wellington airport on Sunday. He told me he liked my letters and I told him that he had been very good at tackling Covid 19. Labour won the Nelson seat for the first time Since 1996 with Rachel Boyack beating Nick Smith by 3577 votes but I reckon it could go higher with specials and Labour could win another seat or 2 from National such as Whangarei where Dr Shane Reti currently only holds a 141 vote lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...