Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Rivalry.

On February 6th, Scotland beat England at Twickenham Stadium for the first time since 1983. They were playing for the Calcutta Cup for which the two teams have been competing for 150 years. It was a good game to watch but I didn't expect England to lose because they are ranked the second best behind the World Champions, South Africa. There was one try in the game for Scotland. I know for a fact that, while Scotland is not a very good team, they always rise up against the English as in 2019 when it was a draw between the two teams. I know the Scots, Irish and Welsh do not like the English. I learnt that from a Lions tour in 2001 when the Scots, Welsh and Irish players distanced themselves the English because they didn't like them. I have read that, at times, the Welsh players spoke in Welsh when around English players. I love teasing English people about the rivalry between them and the Irish, Scots and Welsh. They find it funny but I love doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...