Wednesday, May 18, 2022

My Grandparents.

When I was really young I used to stay at my grandparents place in Synagogue Lane which at the time was called Church Lane. They were my dad's parents and their names were Reg and Alice. I used to go and stay with them along with my sister. My grandfather loved me to bits and I was his favourite male grandson. I used to play cricket on the front lawn pretending to be Martin Crowe or Mark Greatbatch. I remember when my mum's sister died in Christchurch, in 1993 I spent about two nights there to keep away from my sister with whom I fought a lot. It was a three bedroom home in a very wealthy part of town by the Church Steps. It was a beautiful place to stay. Out the back there was a grape vine and a vege Garden. My grandparents moved there in 1956 when my dad was eight years old. I have wonderful memories of going round there and the last time I visited was on November 3rd 2005. My grandmother died in October 2004 aged 78 and My grandfather died in November 2009 aged 89. I miss them both and they were wonderful when I was very young. Thank you Nana and Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...