Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Crusaders

On the 4th March, I saw the Canterbury Crusaders coach, Todd Blackadder, and his backs Coach, Daryl Gibson, walking around town here in Nelson. The Crusaders were playing a game at Trafalgar Park. They couldn't play in Christchurch because of the earthquake damage. I had a chat to them and Daryl Gibson told me that his house was without power. Which made me feel sad and think that it would be bloody hard to deal with. Todd Blackadder is a true gentleman and a really nice guy. I am not a huge fan of Rugby, however these two men represented the Crusaders in a positive way. On the 23rd April, I went to the Crusaders vs Highlanders Super 15 match at Trafalgar Park. The match was pretty boring but the crowd was loud. The Highlanders ended up winning by twenty six to eighteen. The Crusaders were missing Keiran Read, Daniel Carter and Richie McCaw. The Highlanders were missing Jimmy Cowan and Kade Poki who key players for the team. My friend, Ejaz, said to me, that if he had to pay he would have felt ripped off because neither team were fielding there best players. Which, in a way I agreed with him. In the morning, before the game, I met Sonny Bill Williams at Starbucks and talked to him about life as a league player. He was very nice and he gave me his autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...