Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crusaders V Sharks

On June 24, I went and saw the The Canterbury Crusaders V Natal Sharks from South Africa. I sat in the new, temporary grandstand, at Trafalgar Park. My seat was at the halfway mark. The Canterbury Crusaders were in fine form and they won by thirty six points to eight. The best try of the match came from Sonny Bill Williams in the first half. Sonny Bill is my favourite Crusader and All Black. I like the way he plays. He goes looking for work. I met Sonny Bill on Friday, as he was on his way to training at the park. We spoke about Rugby League as he is a former league player. I asked him if he knew some of the NRL players that I follow closely. He said yes and that they were good guys. The Crusaders head to South Africa to play the Stormers next weekend. I hope they win and do it for the people of Christchurch who have been through a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...