Saturday, June 4, 2011

Julia Gillard

On the 27th May, I got a letter in the mail from Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard. I can't remember when I wrote to her because I write to a lot of famous people. I said in my letter 'Thank you for Australia's help during the big Christchurch Earthquake.' In her reply she said: The Christchurch earthquake has been a devastating blow for the people of Christchurch. Following the earthquake,the least Australia could do for its New Zealand family was to respond in the same selfless manner that New Zealand demonstrated to Australia during our difficult summer of natural disasters. These recent disasters affirm that the ANZAC spirit lives on through our willingness to help each other in times of need. Julia Gillard the signed letter and I was very pleased to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...