Friday, August 19, 2011

The NRL

On 19th August, I watched two amazing games of Rugby League. They were both on t.v. at the same time but on different channels. I thought I was in rugby league heaven and I did not know which one to watch.So I flicked from channel to channel watching five minutes of each. It got to be a real nail biter by the end. The games were the Melbourne Storm v St George Dragons and South Sydney v North Queensland. The Storm v Dragons game was an arm wrestle with the Storm holding on by eight points to six. The other game was just as amazing. North Queensland lead by twenty four points to twelve with about eight minutes to go. But South Sydney came storming back, in extra time, to win by twenty six points to twenty four. I really did think that I was rugby league heaven watching those two games and I had trouble deciding which one to follow the most. The Storm's victory secures the Minor Premiership for them and the South Sydney win keeps their finals hopes alive. On 20th August, I watched the New Zealand Warriors play Penrith. They won to go into the top four and on 21st August, the Tigers defeated Parramatta to go fourth equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...