Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tasman Mako v Waikato.

On September 26th, I went to see the Tasman Mako play Waikato in Mitre 10 Cup rugby. It was a good crowd and what was also nice was the fact that it was in the middle of  the afternoon and it was sunny. It was the first game of rugby that I have been to since the covid crisis began in February. I think NZ is very lucky to have live sport where fans can go along and watch the game thanks to Jacinda’s go hard, go early approach to the virus.


At the game I met Adam Thompson who played for Waikato and who was also part of the All Blacks Rugby World Cup winning side of 2011. The Mako won 34 to 17 and they are now three wins out of three in defending their title. I am thinking of going to the next home game against Bay of Plenty in a couple weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...