Friday, January 29, 2021

Eric Simons.

On March 1st 1995, I got a pair of One Day cricket pants from South Africa cricket all-rounder Eric Simons at Nelson’s Trafalgar Park. I was 13 years old at the time and it was before I was diagnosed with autism. I really enjoyed meeting the South Africa cricket team for the 3 days they were playing NZ Academy which contained players who later went on to become Black Caps such as Nathan Astle and Paul Wiseman and South Africa players like Gary Kristen and Jonty Rhodes to name a few. The South Africans were nice and easy to talk to. I got given the pants because Eric likes my general knowledge of cricket. I have managed to get in touch with the fitness coach at the time, Paddy Upton who coaches all over the world cricket and is a close mate of Eric Simons. They worked together to help India win the 2011 fifty overs World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...