Tuesday, September 13, 2022

The Mako.

I am looking forward to watching the NPC competition in which my favourite team play. The Tasman Mako are based in Nelson and Marlborough. They punch above their weight and are very competitive. They won the championship in 2019 and 2020 and were runner's up in 2021. My favourite Mako are Ethan Blackadder, Quentin Strange and Sione Havil. All of the squad are down to earth and approachable. Sione Havil is my favourite of all and he is very kind to me. They play home games in Nelson, this season, against Wellington, Taranaki and Northland and I will be going to all of them. They have played two games in Blenheim already, one against Southland and one against Canterbury. They beat Southland 26 to 16 but they lost to Canterbury 52 to 20. They took a chartered flight from Nelson to Blenheim on Origin Air because the Blenheim to Nelson road was closed due to flood damage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...