Thursday, October 27, 2022

Black Caps.

On October 18th, I went to the cricket at Saxton Oval. It was a first class domestic game between Central Districts and Canterbury. Playing in it were Black Caps such as Blair Tickner, Doug Bracewell and Henry Nichols, one of my favourites, who I got a photo with and who played for the Black Caps in the World Test Championship in June 2021 and in the World Cup limited final v England in 2019. Blair Tickner played recently for the 2020 Tri Series in Christchurch against Pakistan and Bangladesh. Doug Bracewell, like the other two, was in Pakistan when the tour was cancelled in 2021 and  hasn't played for the Black Caps since April 4 2022 and he is not a regular in the team. I really enjoyed the day out and I am thinking of doing it again when Northern Districts come in November. It was free to get in and I went for one session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...