Saturday, July 3, 2021

Meeting Members of Parliament.


On June 30th, I went to Parliament and had meetings with several of my pen pals. I was particularly looking forward to meeting National East Coast Bays MP Erica Stanford for the first time and who I think is very pretty and would like to meet again. Erica was very down to earth. I watched some of question time from the parliamentary gallery. The most unfriendly MP was Golriz Ghahraman from the Green Party. She was outside Parliament in the forecourt  and didn't want to have a photo taken or give me an autograph. I was Lucky enough to meet our wonderful Director General of Health, Dr. Ashley Bloomfield, who was so nice and liked getting my fan mail. I saw how MP's work behind the scenes and most of them get on well with each other. One big surprise was Marja Lubeck shouting me dinner at Copperfield cafe before I went to meet Michael Wood the Minister of Transport. I also had dinner with Dr Verall the Minister of Seniors. I now have a tough decision to make on whether I go Parliament next year or go the Hurricanes game on my next trip to Wellington.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ranfurly Shield.

The Ranfurly Shield has been around for a very long time and it is important for the grass roots New Zealand game. The Tasman Mako won the R...